Installing LOCFIT, S-Plus 3.3, 4.0, 4.5 and 6.0
- Download the self-extracting zip file for
Splus 4.0, 4.5, 2000 or
Depending on your browser set-up, it may run automatically,
or save to your Temp directory.
- Determine your SHOME directory. The defaults are
- C:\spluswin for Splus 3.3
- C:\program files\splus4 for Splus 4.0
- C:\program files\splus45 for Splus 4.5
- C:\program files\sp2000 for Splus 2000.
- C:\program files\Insightful\splus6 for Splus 6.0.
- Run the self-extracting zip file. You should get a
WinZip self-extractor dialog box. The "UnZip to Folder"
box should, if necessary, be changed to
SHOME\library\locfit, where SHOME is as
(S-Plus 4.0 and 4.5 users: changing this will be necessary).
- Click the unzip button. The files should be unzipped to the
specified location. If errors occur, check again that the
"UnZip to Folder" was correctly entered.
- (Optional) Add the line
locfit Local Regression, Likelihood and Density Estimation
to the file SHOME\library\readme.txt.
LOCFIT is now ready to run. Start an S-Plus session, and
to attach the LOCFIT library.
S-Plus 6.0 Notes: This is the first windows version of
locfit to incorporate the S-4 classes and methods. It also
includes some (as yet undocumented) changes, most notably to
the way evaluation structures are specified in locfit calls.
S-Plus 3.3 Notes: This is an old archive. I no longer have
S-Plus 3.3 so can't update it. If you have the Watcom compiler
I will be glad to send updated source...
Copyright © 1996-2002 Lucent Technologies, Bell Laboratories.
[LOCFIT home page]