Research Interests are in distributed systems, mathematical models and algorithms, architecture and protocols with applications to Internet of Things (IoT), digital health, smart transportations, cloud computing, datacenter networking, and software defined networking (SDN).
- Cloud Computing and Datacenter Networking: Intelligent placement and autoscaling of virtual machines and
network function chains to support service reliability and elasticity. Datacenter design and networking. Dynamic optimization enabled by SDN (Software Defined Networking).
- Multipath TCP: Design and implementation of our Balia multipath TCP
algorithm to take advantage of the path diversity in data center networks and
the multiple interfaces (e.g. cellular, WiFi, etc) in wireless devices.
- Theory behind our Balia Multipath TCP algorithm: Journal paper (.pdf), 2016.
- Our implementation of Balia in the Linux kernel can be downloaded from here.
- Last 30-days Download Statistics of the Multipath TCP Linux kernel which includes Balia can be found here. There were over 1500 downloads in December 2016.
- Internet Draft. (.pdf)
- Presentation at the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force). (.pdf)
- Content Acquisition, Integrity, and Delivery for Digital Health:
Effecient access control for health wearables, next-generation blockchain-based data integrity management coupled with distributed storage.
- Energy Efficient Networking: Design of energy efficient networking devices and protocols within GreenTouch. Software-defined network control and optimization.
- Multi-Media systems: Design and optimization of IP Multi-Media Subsystem (IMS) and SIP signaling networks; multi-media traffic measurement and inference ( here is a Bell-Labs article. on my past work); and network optimization and QoS support ( here is an article on VoIP work).
- Distributed Network Cross-Layer learning and Optimization: Sensitivity-based learning and optimization. Application to dynamic bandwidth allocation in broadband access systems and web server load balancing.
- Computational Methods for Stochastic Analysis of Large Network Models: Application to queueing and fluid models.