Non-linear extensions of Perron-Frobenius theory
- Contraction Approach to Power Control, with Non-Monotonic Applications, CN, GLOBECOM 2007, Nov. 2007.
- Large deviation asymptotics for occupancy problems , P. Dupuis, P. Whiting, and CN, Annals of Probability, 32, pp. 2765-2818, 2004.
- Large deviations principle for occupancy problems with colored balls, P. Dupuis, CN, and P. Whiting, J. Applied Probability, 44, pp. 115-141, 2007.
- Occupancy Models and Circuit Switched Networks with Blocking, P. Dupuis, CN, and P. Whiting, Allerton Conf. on Commun., Comp., and Control , September 2003.
- Calculus of variations and sample path large deviations for the classical occupancy problem, CN and P. Whiting, Allerton Conf. on Commun., Comp., and Control, September 2001.
Switching Center Optimization
- Network capacity recovery and efficient capacity deployment in switching centers, N. Nithi, CN, and B. Y. C. Tang, Bell Labs Technical Journal, 9(4), pp. 83-100, Winter 2005.
- Minimizing Switching Overhead in Central Offices, CN and N. Nithi,7th INFORMS Telecommunications Conference, March 7-10 2004.
- Wavelength assignment for partially transparent networks with reach constraints, K. Kumaran, C. J. Nuzman, and I. Widjaja, J. Opt. Netw. ,2, pp. 285-302, August 2003.
Time-domain Wavelength Interleaved Networking
- Time-domain Wavelength Interleaved Networking with Wavelength Reuse, CN and I. Widjaja, IEEE INFOCOM 2006, April 23-29, 2006.
Modeling the physical layer
- Simulation of Power Evolution and Control Dynamics in Optical Transport Systems, T. K. Ho, T. Salamon, R. Freund, C. White, B. Hillyer, L. Cowsar, CN, D. Kilper, Bell Labs Technical Journal, 10(1), pp. 119-137, Spring 2005.
Modeling crossconnects and OADMs with shared resources
- ROADM enabled optimization in WDM rings, P. Risbood, CN, N. Nithi, and S. Patel, Proc. Optical Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC2005), OWG1, March 2005.
- Design and implementation of wavelength-flexible network nodes, CN, J. Leuthold, R. Ryf, S. Chandrasekhar, C. R. Giles, D. T. Neilson, J. Lightwave Technology, Special issue on Optical MEMS, 21:3, March 2003.
- Optical switch dimensioning and the classical occupancy problem, V. Eramo, M. Listanti, CN, and P. Whiting, Intern. J. of Commun. Syst., 15:2/3, pp. 127-141, March 2002.
- Effects of modularity and connectivty on OADM deployment in ring networks, CN, K. Kumaran, N. Nithi, I. Saniee, D. Levy, P. Mitev, Proc. Optical Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC 2003), WH5, pp. 360-361, March 2003.
- Performance analysis of an optical switch using importance sampling, P. Whiting, CN, and X. Zhang, Allerton Conf. on Commun., Comp., and Control, October 2002.
- Optical crossconnect with shared wavelength conversion under dynamic load, D. Mitra, CN, I. Saniee, and P. Whiting, Proc. Optical Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC 2002), March 2002.
Crossconnect implementation and training
- Performance of an optical switch based on 3-D MEMS crossconnect, A. Olkhovets, P. Phanaphat, CN, D.J. Shin, C. Lichtenwalner, M. Kozhevnikov, and J. Kim, Photonics Technology Letters, 16:3, pp. 780-782, March 2004.
- 256x256 Optical Crossconnect Subsystem, D.T.Neilson, R.Frahm, P.Kolodner, C.A.Bolle, R.Ryf, J.Kim, A.R.Papazian, C.J.Nuzman,A.Gasparyan, N.R.Basavanhally, V.A.Aksyuk, J.V.Gates, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, 22:6, pp.1499-1509, 2004.
- 1100x1100 Port MEMS-Based Optical Crossconnect with 4-dB Maximum Loss, J. Kim, C. J. Nuzman, B. Kumar, D. F. Lieuwen, J. S. Kraus, A. Weiss, C. P. Lichtenwalner, A. R. Papazian, R. E. Frahm, N. R. Basavanhally, D. A. Ramsey, V. A. Aksyuk, F. Pardo, M. E. Simon, V. Lifton, H. B. Chan, M. Haueis, A. Gasparyan, H. R. Shea, S. Arney, C. A. Bolle, P. R. Kolodner, R. Ryf, D. T. Neilson, J. V. Gates, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 15:11, November 2003.
- 238x238 Micromechanical Optical Cross Connect, V.A. Aksyuk, N. R. Basavanhally, D. J. Bishop, C. A. Bolle, C. C. Chang, R. Frahm, A. Gasparyan, J. V. Gates, R. George, C. R. Giles, J. Kim, P. R. Kolodner, T. M. Lee, David T. Neilson, C. Nijander, C. J. Nuzman, M. Paczowski, A. R. Papzian, F. Pardo, D. A. Ramsey, R. Ryf, R. E. Scotti, H. Shea, M. E. Simon, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 15:4, pp. 587-589, April 2003.
Long-Range Dependent Traffic
- A compound model for TCP connection arrivals, with applications to LAN and WAN , CN, I. Saniee, W. Sweldens, and A. Weiss, Computer Networks, Special Issue on Long-Range Dependent Traffic, 40:3, pp. 319-337, October 2002.
- A compound model for TCP connection arrivals, CN, A. Weiss, I. Saniee, and W. Sweldens, Proc. ITC Specialist Sem. on IP Traffic Modeling, Measurement, and Management, Monterey, CA, September 2000.
- Reproducing kernel Hilbert space methods for wide-sense self-similar processes, CN and H. V. Poor, Annals of Applied Probability, 11(4), November 2001, pp. 1199-1219.
- The Linear Structure of Self-Similar Processes, C. Nuzman, Ph.D. thesis, Princeton University, November 2000.
- Linear estimation of self-similar processes via Lamperti's transformation, CN and H. V. Poor, Journal of Applied Probability, 37(2), June 2000, pp. 429-452.
- On the linear structure of self-similar processes, CN and H. V. Poor, Proc. IEEE Intern. Symp. Info. Theory, June 2000, p. 498.