Nachi K. Nithi
Member of Technical Staff
Mathematics of Networks and Communications Research Department
Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
Room MH 2C-323, 600 Mountain Ave.
Murray Hill, NJ - 07974
Current Research Areas:
- Large Data Computations and Search: Evaluation of large graph computation algorithms and use of such algorithms for Future Objects project.
Past Research Areas:
- Power Management in Smartphones: Techniques for improving power utilization in Smartphones. This also includes a comprehensive network wide approach.
- Big Data Analysis (CDRs): CDR analysis of wireless network services for yield management optimization and customer behavior.
- Wireless Network - LTE: LTE network monitoring systems and applications. Self-Optimization Networking techniques for LTE networks and content caching.
- Wireless Network - 1X and EvDO: 3G-1X and EvDO network monitoring systems and applications. Location Based System applications and location query scheduling issues.
- IMS Systems: Architecture, performance issues, and applications.
- Switching Center Optimization: Optimization of switch forms in central offices and tools.
- Optical OADM Design and Metro-WDM Ring Network: OADM system design, metro-WDM ring/mesh network load performance study and routing algorithms.
- Optical Network Design and Optimization: Core optical network design, routing algorithms, grooming and related tools.
- MPLS Design: Routing algorithms, optimization and related tools.
- Intelligent Communication Gateways: Architecture, prototyping and user profile database.
- Information Filtering and User Models: Architectures and modeling of users and their preferences. Study and analysis of Clique (Community) and Individual-User models for movie recommendations.
- Neural Networks: Generalization issues, applications to various practical problems.
- Genetic Algorithms: Applications in network optimization.
- Software Reliability Modeling: Reliability models and their applicability.
- Software Testing: Efficient testcase generation techniques, testing tools and metrics.
- 6,041,330 - System and Method for Generating Year 2000 Test Cases.
- 7,050,668 - Methods and Appratus for Control of Optical Switching Arrays.
- 7,283,745 - Methods and Appratus for Constructing Switch Arrays for Routing of Optical Signals so as to Minimize Power Dissipation.
- 7,492,725 - System and Method for Reducing Switching Overhead in a Communication Network.
- 7,660,321 - System and Method for Prioritizing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Messages.
- 9,072,053 - Method and Apparatus Of Smart Power Management For Mobile Communication Terminals.
- Pending: Several more.